Thursday, May 15, 2008

Florida Wharram Rendezvous

I'm heading to the Florida Keys tomorrow, just in time to make it to the Florida Wharram rendezvous in Islamorada by Saturday. I had not expected to make it to this event, but another job opportunity involving transporting another multihull back here for refinishing will put me in the area anyway, so I might as well attend.

I'm looking forward to meeting other Wharram enthusiasts - both sailors and builders - and for the opportunity to see a range of Wharram sizes and designs I have not yet seen in person. My friend David will be there with his family, though the Tiki 30 is not ready to show as he had hoped. But he is bringing a really cool dinghy he just built that should be of great interest to Wharram sailors. This boat is a 14-foot Reuel Parker designed periagua - a slim, lightweight and good looking rowing craft that will fit easily across the decks of most Wharram designs from the Tiki 26 size and up.

If any of the regular readers of this blog are planning to be at the rendezvous, I look forward to meeting you.

No comments: