Saturday, September 18, 2010

Port Hull Outside

Yesterday I moved the port hull most of the way out of the building shed.  I was able to install the remaining two windows in each hull this week, despite my injured foot and ankle, so they are now fully "dried-in" and able to be left out in the open.  The starboard hull will come out next week after the sealant has a couple more days to dry.  I'm leaving the stern decks under cover until I get the non-skid and paint on them.  In the meantime, there is a lot of detailing to do on both the deck paint and the green topsides now that I have them out in the open where I can see and work free of the dust in the shed.  Here are a few pictures so you can see one of the hulls unobstructed for the first time:



The first step today was to wash all the dust off:


You can see that the stern deck here is not yet painted, only primed. 


I really like the way these flush-mounted windows came out....


This view shows the companionway hatch and opening hatch forward.  This is one Tiki 26 that will have lots of natural light and ventilation inside.

2 comments:

Bob Bois said...

Hi Scott,
Your 26 is looking beautiful. Really nice job.
Best,

Bob

Scott B. Williams said...

Hi Bob,

Thanks! I will be looking forward to seeing the construction of your new Tiki 46. I hope you enjoy building it as much as I have mine.

Scott